Hiring part time Records Clerk
City of Waupun Police Department – Job Announcement
Position: Part-time Records Clerk (20 hours per week)
- The employee will work Wednesday through Friday, but may be needed periodically to cover vacation, sick, or training days on Monday and Tuesday.
Apply By: 4:00pm, December 21, 2018
Responsibilities: The Records Clerk is responsible for the maintenance of records generated by the Waupun Police Department. This position is also responsible for receiving incoming calls, speaking with incoming public, and directing the customer to the appropriate personnel or place.
Salary: $15.00 per hour
- The ability to gain thorough knowledge of all department rules, policies, and procedures.
- The ability to maintain general knowledge of the State Statutes and city Ordinances and workings of the court system.
- The ability to establish a rapport with the public and be able to elicit information from the public.
- The ability to keep complete, legible and correct information as well as completing reports in a timely fashion.
- The ability to work cooperatively with fellow employees, other police agencies and the public.
- Thorough knowledge of record keeping and office skills.
- The ability to work independently.
- The ability to give direction to others.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Ability to type 50-60 wpm with accuracy.
Submit: Resume and City of Waupun Application
- Obtain Job Application at www.waupunpd.org and click “Employment”. Applications can also be obtained at the Waupun Police Department.
- Resume and application are accepted by mail, email, and in person. Mail to Administrative Assistant Dawn Greenfield, Waupun Police Department, 16 E Main St Waupun, WI 53963 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications can be submitted in person at 16 E Main St, Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:00pm.
Notes: Hiring process includes oral interviews and background checks. See full job description at www.waupunpd.org.