Employment - Qualifications
The following qualifications and standards are established to ensure hiring the best candidates for employment. BASIC qualifications and requirements are:
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and have a good driving record.
- Must have no felony or domestic violence convictions.
- Must have ability to possess a firearm.
- Must have High School diploma or equivalent
- Must have minimum of 60 post-high school education credits at an approved college, university, or technical school.
- Must be in good physical condition
- Must pass physical, psychological, vision, and drug screen examinations.
- Must be eligible for Wisconsin Law Enforcement Standards Board certification, or be currently certified.
In addition to the basic requirements above, IDEAL candidate qualifications are:
- Mature individual
- Possess good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Computer literacy and operating
- Good public relations skills
- Good moral character
- Ability to perform the essential job functions
- Ability to react quickly and effectively to stressful situations
- Able to work weekends, nights, and holidays
- Able to handle several tasks simultaneously
- Able to use all standard law enforcement equipment
Click here to be notified when new positions become available