Employment - Qualifications
The following qualifications and standards are established to ensure hiring the best candidates for employment. BASIC qualifications and requirements are:
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and have a good driving record.
- Must have no felony or domestic violence convictions.
- Must have ability to possess a firearm.
- Must have High School diploma or equivalent
- Must have minimum of 60 post-high school education credits at an approved college, university, or technical school.
- Must be in good physical condition
- Must pass physical, psychological, vision, and drug screen examinations.
- The Waupun Police Department no longer requires applicants to be eligible for Wisconsin Law Enforcement Standards Board Certification and is willing to sponsor motivated individuals who meets the other requirements.
In addition to the basic requirements above, IDEAL candidate qualifications are:
- Mature individual
- Possess good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Computer literacy and operating
- Good public relations skills
- Good moral character
- Ability to perform the essential job functions
- Ability to react quickly and effectively to stressful situations
- Able to work weekends, nights, and holidays
- Able to handle several tasks simultaneously
- Able to use all standard law enforcement equipment
Click here to be notified when new positions become available